We are. I was worried I might be viewing Santa Fe through rose-colored glasses this trip......
Paul (Moderators; 67598)
Posted on: 10-17-2018 08:02.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.0 Safari/605.1.15
Message views: 50 (Score: 0)
As it happens, I've spent about two hours there; dropped off two 5x8 trailer loads of stuff in the 'rents storage space, got some chow with pops, headed back down south.
Based on many trips there dating back to '85 (and annual trips every year since 2013 or so), I already know I love Santa Fe, and so does the wife. We love my parents, have never lived near enough to them to see 'em more than once a year.
The job market is passable and that's step one. Step two is getting the east coast house sold, then we'll stay with my folks in their new place until we buy. I may relocate first with the dog while the wife buttons up the house.
In any case, it's been a real gift of timing with my wife leaving her last job, and me getting laid off and looking for something different. All this trip has underscored for me is how much I really do enjoy my folks' company. They never ask me for anything, but would really like us to live closer. Gotta do it.
“Don’t overplay. Don’t overplay. Less is more. It will always be: less is more. Nobody is ever going to remember all those fancy solos - even the guys that play them, most of them won’t remember - so play some licks that people can walk away humming, that people can identify with." --Steve Cropper
- Back in the IT game after 2 years rest.. - Progressivebreaks, 10-16-2018 12:06 (Views: 97; Replies: 46)
- 7 months later, and I finally left London and returned to Brazil - Progressivebreaks, 05-11-2019 09:23 (Views: 41)
- PC users in IT: things are good. Mac users in IT: FML :D [nt] - Phred, 10-17-2018 20:07 (Views: 53)
- Que? - Progressivebreaks, 10-17-2018 23:29 (Views: 61)
- Huh? [nt] - Paul, 10-17-2018 20:50 (Views: 44)
- says who? [nt] - P. Briscoe, 10-17-2018 20:17 (Views: 49)
- Man, I'm glad to be almost entirely out of it. - Bean, 10-16-2018 22:51 (Views: 58)
- Do you need me to play you the audio of our interview to stage an intervention for ya? :D - Sydwyndir, 10-16-2018 21:54 (Views: 50)
- Good stuff. Relocating and considering going 'back' to support work myself. - Paul, 10-16-2018 20:24 (Views: 54)
- Jobs in a third world quasi authoritarian country pay bad? Do tell. ;) - Robert_Wyatt, 10-16-2018 13:32 (Views: 57)
- we're all good here, and I guess congrats on the circle of life? [nt] - darth maynard, 10-16-2018 12:14 (Views: 43)
- I thought you had a gig down there for some reason :/ - Glenn, 10-16-2018 12:09 (Views: 52)
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Report a Bug!