Hear hear, smart fella......
Paul (Moderators; 66318)
Posted on: 10-18-2018 10:54.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 12_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.0 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
Message views: 38 (Score: 0)
I chased the money and have a great resume now, but I’m more interested in jobs that pay less at the moment. The stress was not worth the extra $30k a year, particularly when we live simply and clear expenses by the amount we do every month. Hell, and that’s with my wife having walked away from her job.
“Don’t overplay. Don’t overplay. Less is more. It will always be: less is more. Nobody is ever going to remember all those fancy solos - even the guys that play them, most of them won’t remember - so play some licks that people can walk away humming, that people can identify with." --Steve Cropper
- Back in the IT game after 2 years rest.. - Progressivebreaks, 10-16-2018 12:06 (Views: 83; Replies: 46)
- 7 months later, and I finally left London and returned to Brazil - Progressivebreaks, 05-11-2019 09:23 (Views: 25)
- PC users in IT: things are good. Mac users in IT: FML :D [nt] - Phred, 10-17-2018 20:07 (Views: 36)
- Que? - Progressivebreaks, 10-17-2018 23:29 (Views: 45)
- Huh? [nt] - Paul, 10-17-2018 20:50 (Views: 29)
- says who? [nt] - P. Briscoe, 10-17-2018 20:17 (Views: 34)
- Man, I'm glad to be almost entirely out of it. - Bean, 10-16-2018 22:51 (Views: 41)
- Do you need me to play you the audio of our interview to stage an intervention for ya? :D - Sydwyndir, 10-16-2018 21:54 (Views: 36)
- Good stuff. Relocating and considering going 'back' to support work myself. - Paul, 10-16-2018 20:24 (Views: 38)
- Jobs in a third world quasi authoritarian country pay bad? Do tell. ;) - Robert_Wyatt, 10-16-2018 13:32 (Views: 43)
- we're all good here, and I guess congrats on the circle of life? [nt] - darth maynard, 10-16-2018 12:14 (Views: 28)
- I thought you had a gig down there for some reason :/ - Glenn, 10-16-2018 12:09 (Views: 37)
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Report a Bug!