No graphics card just on-board. Going to re-purpose my GTX-650ti for now......
Glenn (Mini-Admins; 17224)
Posted on: 01-09-2019 07:14.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:64.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/64.0
Message views: 18 (Score: 0)
For the programs I use (AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, 3DMax and Blender) a GTX does just as good if not better than a Quadro for WAY less money. Very similar with a consumer i5-i7 as compared to a Xeon based system. Sure this one is still on DDR3 but that's fine for me. If I was on it 8 hours a day then I could justify a newer DDR4 based system. Just for side work, take home work and light gaming this will be just fine.
Anyway speaking of Blender They just released a new version with a completely revamped UI that finally makes this a real player compared to 3D Max and Maya. Their new EVEE real-time rendering engine is a game changer. Here is a test of some planks and wall textures from a SketchUp model. Real time not rendered. WOW, well wow to me
I have the best job in the world. As I told my daughter a few years ago. I get to "draw and color" and I get paid for it!
- Anyone gonna watch tonight's shitshow? - Ciaervo, 01-08-2019 16:56 (Views: 27; Replies: 43)
- Jesus, when Pelosi is going yard on you, what else is there? - Paul, 01-09-2019 14:11 (Views: 22)
- Anyway, FOREST FIRES! And FUCK California RAWR [nt] - Paul, 01-09-2019 08:52 (Views: 12)
- I'd actually watch if there was something other than the expected drivel. [nt] - darth maynard, 01-08-2019 20:06 (Views: 12)
- I can't watch that asswipe talk. The stupid is way too much. [nt] - Sycraft, 01-08-2019 18:19 (Views: 15)
- Oh good, the 'opposition' party will surely save the day with this rebuttal.[nt] - Paul, 01-08-2019 18:16 (Views: 14)
- 3 minutes in. Dude's high, sorry.[nt] - Paul, 01-08-2019 18:05 (Views: 13)
- Wouldn't miss this historic moment" [nt] - Catfish, 01-08-2019 18:03 (Views: 13)
- Nope, Wake Forest and Duke are playing. - Glenn, 01-08-2019 18:02 (Views: 16)
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Report a Bug!