Sydwyndir (Gun Toting Right-wing Goon; 8521)
Posted on: 01-09-2019 20:21.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.102 Safari/537.36 OPR/57.0.3098.106
Message views: 60 (Score: 0)
Long story short, I almost died a hoarder's death tonight. Heavy boxes on a wire shelf affixed to drywall. They've been up there for 10 years, I guess tonight was the last time they'd put up with it, as I was getting a book down and it collapsed. Fortunately I caught it, yelled for the wife, and she and my daughter unloaded it while I held it up with about 50-60lb of "stuff" piled on it. Honestly what was on it was durable enough that in other circumstances I'd have let it fall, but the shelf was over the hot water heater and would've likely broken the pipes.
Now I got another mess to deal with, hurray.
Thank you, Gary Gygax.
I am not going to live in fear. They want my freedom, my peace of mind? Come and get it. - James Lileks, regarding al Qaeda, 09/11
- Shelving suggestions. - Sydwyndir, 01-09-2019 20:21 (Views: 60; Replies: 19)
- These don't look great, but are pretty solid. - Bean, 01-10-2019 11:19 (Views: 51)
- There are drywall anchors at Home Depot that claim to support 300lbs. - Ordeith, 01-10-2019 10:50 (Views: 47)
- Did the wire shelf break or did the fasteners pull put? Pics needed. [nt] - P. Briscoe, 01-10-2019 08:57 (Views: 40)
- happy to hear you weren't injured! [nt] - darth maynard, 01-10-2019 08:28 (Views: 40)
- Sending you positive structural vibes 📳 [nt] - Ciaervo, 01-10-2019 06:50 (Views: 40)
- Damn brother, sorry to hear. I'd say get yourself a studfinder and some angle brackets. - Paul, 01-10-2019 06:43 (Views: 53)
- Dang, bro. Glad you're ok. - Citizen Z, 01-09-2019 21:17 (Views: 46)
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Report a Bug!