Lost my mom in '10; dad one year later.........
P. Briscoe (Non running-dog anti-imperial anti-Bush unapologist name-changer; 22074)
Posted on: 02-09-2019 21:30.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/72.0.3626.81 Safari/537.36
Message views: 8 (Score: 0)
with Mom she was sharp and in touch until a week before she went. With Dad, he didn't speak to me or even seem to recognize me the last year of his life, save a single moment of clarity when, out of the blue, I asked him if he missed Mom. I expected no response, but his eyes lit up, then misted over, and he said "Yes."
That was the last thing he said to me or anyone else in my family and he died 6 months later.
Strangely enough, however, the female staff at the nursing home said that he was a "naughty boy" when none of his family were around.
I was drinking at a bar about a month after he died and I ran into one of the RNs from the nursing home and she said that he was quite talkative and witty with her up to the day he died. She said that he kept her and the staff in stitches with one-liners and bizarre non-sequiturs. For example: "Bill, would you like to go to Music Therapy this afternoon?"
Dad: "Hell no. Fuck that Michael Row your Boat shit"
- So mom's gone. I'm glad she's not lingering on in further confusion and fear any more. - Sydwyndir, 02-09-2019 20:45 (Views: 21; Replies: 15)
- My sister called yesterday, mom was eating lunch. - Sydwyndir, 02-10-2019 12:27 (Views: 17)
- My sincere condolences [nt] - Catfish, 02-10-2019 11:53 (Views: 3)
- Condolences. I didnt realize this just happened. [nt] - P. Briscoe, 02-10-2019 11:52 (Views: 3)
- Sorry to hear. [nt] - Progressivebreaks, 02-10-2019 11:21 (Views: 3)
- Sorry to hear Syd. sending virtual support down South towards you :) [nt] - Glenn, 02-10-2019 10:25 (Views: 3)
- My condolences. [nt] - JJJ, 02-10-2019 08:43 (Views: 3)
- I'm sorry for the emotional turmoil you've been through - Citizen Z, 02-10-2019 08:34 (Views: 8)
- I'm very sorry, Syd. - Paul, 02-10-2019 03:31 (Views: 11)
- shit man, my sincere condolences. :( [nt] - darth maynard, 02-09-2019 22:04 (Views: 5)
- Give them a chance - Sycraft, 02-09-2019 21:45 (Views: 11)
- Lost my mom in '10; dad one year later.... - P. Briscoe, 02-09-2019 21:30 (Views: 8)
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Report a Bug!