My sister called yesterday, mom was eating lunch......
Sydwyndir (Gun Toting Right-wing Goon; 8268)
Posted on: 02-10-2019 12:27.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/70.0.3538.102 Safari/537.36 OPR/57.0.3098.116
Message views: 32 (Score: 0)
She started having difficulty breathing, swallowing, etc., but wasn't choking. Mom was totally non-verbal, by this point, just about one step above vegetative.
Anyway, they took her back to her room and called Medical, who put her on a respirator, but even with that her color went. They called my sister and said if we wanted to say our goodbyes to come, sis called me. We were all en route when she went.
She was there from June until yesterday. She should have been in managed care at least a couple of years prior but my sister kept on holding on trying to take care of her at home.
Anyway, here we are.
It was a formality, at any rate, as I said, she'd forgotten my sister and mostly forgotten me. A few weeks ago my grand-nephew was born to my oldest niece, they took him to see great grandma, she was unresponsive. Didn't even open her eyes.
So it goes.
Thank you, Gary Gygax.
I am not going to live in fear. They want my freedom, my peace of mind? Come and get it. - James Lileks, regarding al Qaeda, 09/11
- So mom's gone. I'm glad she's not lingering on in further confusion and fear any more. - Sydwyndir, 02-09-2019 20:45 (Views: 34; Replies: 15)
- My sister called yesterday, mom was eating lunch. - Sydwyndir, 02-10-2019 12:27 (Views: 32)
- My sincere condolences [nt] - Catfish, 02-10-2019 11:53 (Views: 17)
- Condolences. I didnt realize this just happened. [nt] - P. Briscoe, 02-10-2019 11:52 (Views: 16)
- Sorry to hear. [nt] - Progressivebreaks, 02-10-2019 11:21 (Views: 16)
- Sorry to hear Syd. sending virtual support down South towards you :) [nt] - Glenn, 02-10-2019 10:25 (Views: 15)
- My condolences. [nt] - JJJ, 02-10-2019 08:43 (Views: 17)
- I'm sorry for the emotional turmoil you've been through - Citizen Z, 02-10-2019 08:34 (Views: 21)
- I'm very sorry, Syd. - Paul, 02-10-2019 03:31 (Views: 24)
- shit man, my sincere condolences. :( [nt] - darth maynard, 02-09-2019 22:04 (Views: 18)
- Give them a chance - Sycraft, 02-09-2019 21:45 (Views: 25)
- Lost my mom in '10; dad one year later.... - P. Briscoe, 02-09-2019 21:30 (Views: 20)
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Report a Bug!