We really need to work on the way we approach death in this country.....
Bean (Moderators; 16960)
Posted on: 02-10-2019 15:15.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_2) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/71.0.3578.98 Safari/537.36
Message views: 26 (Score: 0)
Connecting people to machines and pumping them full of meds while their quality of life is minimal, so that we don't have to say goodbye is incredibly selfish. Not saying this is what happened here, but it is what happened to my grandfather and seems to be far too common. He had a DNR but my uncle refused to tell the doctors about it. They were absolutely livid when they finally found out.
I'm sure that her finding some peace is small consolation to you, but I hope that you do find some peace and are able to heal.
Look again at that dot. That's here, that's home, that's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
- So mom's gone. I'm glad she's not lingering on in further confusion and fear any more. - Sydwyndir, 02-09-2019 20:45 (Views: 34; Replies: 15)
- My sister called yesterday, mom was eating lunch. - Sydwyndir, 02-10-2019 12:27 (Views: 32)
- My sincere condolences [nt] - Catfish, 02-10-2019 11:53 (Views: 17)
- Condolences. I didnt realize this just happened. [nt] - P. Briscoe, 02-10-2019 11:52 (Views: 17)
- Sorry to hear. [nt] - Progressivebreaks, 02-10-2019 11:21 (Views: 17)
- Sorry to hear Syd. sending virtual support down South towards you :) [nt] - Glenn, 02-10-2019 10:25 (Views: 16)
- My condolences. [nt] - JJJ, 02-10-2019 08:43 (Views: 17)
- I'm sorry for the emotional turmoil you've been through - Citizen Z, 02-10-2019 08:34 (Views: 22)
- I'm very sorry, Syd. - Paul, 02-10-2019 03:31 (Views: 24)
- shit man, my sincere condolences. :( [nt] - darth maynard, 02-09-2019 22:04 (Views: 19)
- Give them a chance - Sycraft, 02-09-2019 21:45 (Views: 25)
- Lost my mom in '10; dad one year later.... - P. Briscoe, 02-09-2019 21:30 (Views: 21)
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Report a Bug!