Noted, I'll give it a go.[nt].....
Paul (Moderators; 67073)
Posted on: 05-11-2019 13:57.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_4) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.1 Safari/605.1.15
Message views: 25 (Score: 0)
Progressivebreaks launched a war by saying:
Yes, it's sadly reflective of this global swing towards right wing populism as a supposed solution to all political problems.
Although it's early days to say how this impacts things on the ground, so to speak.
On a personal level, it's slightly unnerving to be living in a country with an openly homophobic president at the wheel.
Not that I've ever been one to flaunt things; I'm sure I stand out more for being a foreigner.
There's this belief among Bolsonaro supporters that he will stamp out crime and corruption. Despite my extreme political differences with him, I call total bullshit, and only time will show that.
I'd highly recommend "The Mechanism" on Netflix for a gripping dramatisation of some of the endemic corruption here.
“Don’t overplay. Don’t overplay. Less is more. It will always be: less is more. Nobody is ever going to remember all those fancy solos - even the guys that play them, most of them won’t remember - so play some licks that people can walk away humming, that people can identify with." --Steve Cropper
- Back in the IT game after 2 years rest.. - Progressivebreaks, 10-16-2018 12:06 (Views: 92; Replies: 46)
- 7 months later, and I finally left London and returned to Brazil - Progressivebreaks, 05-11-2019 09:23 (Views: 36)
- PC users in IT: things are good. Mac users in IT: FML :D [nt] - Phred, 10-17-2018 20:07 (Views: 48)
- Que? - Progressivebreaks, 10-17-2018 23:29 (Views: 56)
- Huh? [nt] - Paul, 10-17-2018 20:50 (Views: 39)
- says who? [nt] - P. Briscoe, 10-17-2018 20:17 (Views: 44)
- Man, I'm glad to be almost entirely out of it. - Bean, 10-16-2018 22:51 (Views: 53)
- Do you need me to play you the audio of our interview to stage an intervention for ya? :D - Sydwyndir, 10-16-2018 21:54 (Views: 45)
- Good stuff. Relocating and considering going 'back' to support work myself. - Paul, 10-16-2018 20:24 (Views: 47)
- Jobs in a third world quasi authoritarian country pay bad? Do tell. ;) - Robert_Wyatt, 10-16-2018 13:32 (Views: 51)
- we're all good here, and I guess congrats on the circle of life? [nt] - darth maynard, 10-16-2018 12:14 (Views: 37)
- I thought you had a gig down there for some reason :/ - Glenn, 10-16-2018 12:09 (Views: 46)
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Report a Bug!