Wow, man, great to hear!.....
Citizen Z (OMG t3h bannz0red!; 16417)
Posted on: 06-07-2019 17:08.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/74.0.3729.169 Safari/537.36
Message views: 28 (Score: 0)
I'm still in Phoenix and working for Siemens but on the other side of town. Found a great girl, we're probably going to make each-other a permanent fixture some time next year. For now, just living, earning my nickle, and planning the next trip.
MarkMan launched a war by saying:
I was working away this morning and out of nowhere this thought popped in my head "What are my boys over at ihateapple up to?"
Thought I'd check in and say HI!
Life has been good, I've went on quite the adventure the past 2 years.
I walked away from encryption/security and programming in 2017, I was fed up, thought for a spell that I never wanted to write another line of code or think about a digital signature again. I was finished, the passion was gone.
I spent most of 2017 swing trading bitcoin during the big bull run, tinkering with Arcades and just being a dad.
Security and going back to work was the farthest thing from my mind.
Then it happened, an email from a head hunter that caught my attention. "We need YOU working on our advanced Identity Platform"
I open the email and quickly scan it, for some reason a single line caught my eye "We are a hacking culture"
So I replied, said I'm not really looking for work but would be interested in hearing a bit more.
Next thing I know I'm in a web conference talking to 4 highly technical guys from a company called Auth0, they have an Authentication platform based on OAuth2 and they are growing fast.
I tell them hey I've been out of this game for a spell, I feel rusty, but I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can.
I messed up on some of my responses, was amazed how much I had forgot once they started grilling me but their principal engineer said "I'm curious what you can do - would you like to try a technical exercise for us?"
I spent a week building a POC solution using their Identity Platform and absolutely fell in love with the product and OAuth2. They offered me a job 3 days after I submitted my POC and I've been a member of the best team I've ever been on for over a year now.
The culture is amazing, I've never felt so empowered to try my wildest ideas and this company embraces failure - they recognize that it is a part of the process.
So I'm passionately into OAuth2, SAML etc. etc. and loving life.
How about the rest of you guys? How has everyone been?
Edited by MarkMan at 6/7/2019 12:26:05 PM
- Coming full circle - Running away from infosec and finding my passion again - MarkMan, 06-07-2019 12:24 (Views: 46; Replies: 26)
- Grats dude! [nt] - Progressivebreaks, 06-08-2019 16:33 (Views: 16)
- Couple of years ago I could've written a white paper on you. Yes, you, as a person. - Sydwyndir, 06-08-2019 16:13 (Views: 25)
- can't seem to get my head and my ass wired together. - Sydwyndir, 06-07-2019 19:31 (Views: 27)
- Wow, man, great to hear! - Citizen Z, 06-07-2019 17:08 (Views: 28)
- Speaking of coming full circle... - JJJ, 06-07-2019 15:20 (Views: 31)
- Hey dude! [nt] - Robert_Wyatt, 06-07-2019 13:58 (Views: 16)
- well goddamn that's great. Still schlepping along as a sys/network admin.. - darth maynard, 06-07-2019 13:23 (Views: 23)
- Good stuff brother! That company name sounds familiar, but can't recall why. - Paul, 06-07-2019 13:09 (Views: 24)
- hey Paul! - MarkMan, 06-07-2019 15:40 (Views: 25)
- Good to hear Mark, glad things are going well for you :) - Glenn, 06-07-2019 12:40 (Views: 20)
- Waiting for the little one's arrival. :) - JJJ, 06-07-2019 12:27 (Views: 28)
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Report a Bug!