We've been going through some of this. .....
Bean (Moderators; 16960)
Posted on: 08-08-2019 10:45.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 12_3_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.1.1 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
Message views: 18 (Score: 0)
It's still not clear exactly what the situation is but it is probably not as dire as it initially looked. In the beginning we thought my in-laws might have to move in with us. That plus watching some friends go through this with their parents has been scary. It's absolutely shocking how little thought so many people have put into retirement planning. One excellent quote from a father to his children in regard to not having anything saved, "we had all of you so that you could take care of us during retirement." Jesus Christ. Others have shrugged their shoulders and said "I guess I'll just work until I die." Ignoring the fact that it isn't even an option a lot of the time.
I would still like to have more in our accounts but we recently boosted them enough that assuming decent growth and continued contributions, I at least feel reasonably comfortable we won't be a burden on our daughter. My father said that was his mother's goal and he had made it his own as well (and I am incredibly grateful for that).
Best of luck to you.
Look again at that dot. That's here, that's home, that's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
- Besides crap in the news, what's going on with folks these days? - darth maynard, 08-07-2019 15:51 (Views: 24; Replies: 36)
- Sounds like things are going well for you - Progressivebreaks, 08-10-2019 11:12 (Views: 11)
- [nt] - Progressivebreaks, 08-10-2019 11:17 (Views: 10)
- Lemme think...one book deal kicks off, in September, on Indiegogo... - Sydwyndir, 08-09-2019 20:44 (Views: 10)
- Trying to re-enroll in college. - Robert_Wyatt, 08-09-2019 08:48 (Views: 13)
- Shit just went down in the last 24 hours. - JJJ, 08-08-2019 06:30 (Views: 35)
- Can't complain - Paul, 08-08-2019 06:05 (Views: 14)
- A lot is up in the air - Citizen Z, 08-07-2019 20:25 (Views: 16)
- Maintaining a holding pattern - Ciaervo, 08-07-2019 18:29 (Views: 14)
- New frig last week and then tv died this weekend - Glenn, 08-07-2019 16:01 (Views: 16)
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Report a Bug!