That's my greatest, though very outside, hope.....
Sycraft (Administrators; 20885)
Posted on: 01-09-2020 10:18.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/79.0.3945.117 Safari/537.36
Message views: 16 (Score: 0 Protected)
I mean the thing isn't 100% accurate, and maybe the tech fucked something up. I'm hoping the biopsy will reveal that no, I just have fatty liver which is easy to reverse as I lose weight and continue to eat right.
That's a pretty outside hope though, these things are fairly accurate.
My next best hope is that it is just NASH, not cirrhosis and is still reversible. In that case hopefully I'll get in to a study on new treatments for NASH. That is a more possible, though still not likely hope.
Past that my best hope is that if it is cirrhosis, I can freeze it where it is now, where I am asymptomatic and where my liver is still able to do what it needs to do and I won't degrade for many years.
On Monday I go in for a very complete blood work set, which may give some more info, and then I'll get a biopsy scheduled which will get the actual results.
- So something we should probably start thinking about - Sycraft, 01-07-2020 12:06 (Views: 27; Replies: 28)
- Sending you good health vibes - Ciaervo, 01-15-2020 17:23 (Views: 5)
- I have no words, man. We, all of us, are here for you as much as can be. - Sydwyndir, 01-13-2020 00:19 (Views: 8)
- That sucks, hope it's a good prognosis. [nt] - enet, 01-11-2020 00:02 (Views: 2)
- Damn, thats not something I expected to hear. I still think of us as in our 20s-30's... - Citizen Z, 01-10-2020 06:46 (Views: 18)
- Sorry to hear - Progressivebreaks, 01-10-2020 02:34 (Views: 14)
- Man, I'm sorry to hear it. - Bean, 01-09-2020 12:21 (Views: 12)
- :( That's terrible news. Hopefully you have longer than you think. [nt] - Ordeith, 01-08-2020 10:21 (Views: 4)
- Take care of yourself. - JJJ, 01-07-2020 23:37 (Views: 21)
- I'm trying - Sycraft, 01-08-2020 10:12 (Views: 17)
- Jesus man. Thank you for thinking of the forum, I just hope you're going to be alright. - Paul, 01-07-2020 13:10 (Views: 16)
- woah. no way man. What are your symptoms? Is it just some elevated liver enzymes? [nt] - P. Briscoe, 01-07-2020 13:02 (Views: 2)
- first off, yes. Secondly, good gosh please keep up as updated as possible and what your - darth maynard, 01-07-2020 12:22 (Views: 9)
- Man, that's a heck of a way to announce some health problems. - pudds, 01-07-2020 12:18 (Views: 13)
- Damn dude! IS it that bad? - Glenn, 01-07-2020 12:17 (Views: 12)
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Report a Bug!