Here's the official report, for anyone who wants to read.....
pudds (Canadian; 17409)
Posted on: 01-13-2020 14:45.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/79.0.3945.117 Safari/537.36
Message views: 34 (Score: 0)
I haven't made it all the way through yet, but damn, it really, really makes the players look bad.
Beltran especially, but clearly there was at least a group of them in there who were all in on the scheme.
Approximately two months into the 2017 season, a group of players, including
Carlos Beltrán, discussed that the team could improve on decoding opposing teams’ signs
and communicating the signs to the batter. Cora arranged for a video room technician to
install a monitor displaying the center field camera feed immediately outside of the Astros’
dugout. (The center field camera was primarily used for player development purposes and
was allowed under MLB rules at the time when used for that purpose.) Witnesses have
provided largely consistent accounts of how the monitor was utilized. One or more players
watched the live feed of the center field camera on the monitor, and after decoding the sign,
a player would bang a nearby trash can with a bat to communicate the upcoming pitch type
to the batter. (Witnesses explained that they initially experimented with communicating
sign information by clapping, whistling, or yelling, but that they eventually determined that
banging a trash can was the preferred method of communication.) Players occasionally
also used a massage gun to bang the trash can. Generally, one or two bangs corresponded
to certain off-speed pitches, while no bang corresponded to a fastball.
- Astros fined $5m, Hinch + Luhnow (GM) both suspended for a year, then fired - Paul, 01-13-2020 12:16 (Views: 59; Replies: 31)
- The Ringer named some teams also rumored to be sign stealing, check this list: - pudds, 01-15-2020 08:21 (Views: 45)
- Not if but when on Cora's firing as manager. (nt) - Catfish, 01-14-2020 10:06 (Views: 47)
- I wonder if any 2017 Astros will land in the hall before Bonds? #hmm [nt] - Paul, 01-14-2020 08:04 (Views: 39)
- Hmm... What does this do to the narrative about the Dodgers pitchers bring chokers? [nt] - JJJ, 01-13-2020 21:43 (Views: 25)
- Here's the official report, for anyone who wants to read - pudds, 01-13-2020 14:45 (Views: 34)
- As an Astros fan, makes me mad. - Citizen Z, 01-13-2020 13:47 (Views: 37)
- Here's a good line though: "Witnesses consistently describe this new scheme as player-driven ... with the exception of Cora." - pudds, 01-13-2020 13:42 (Views: 56)
- I'm not sure how I feel on this - pudds, 01-13-2020 13:19 (Views: 32)
- They should have to give their 2017 WS title to their opponents that year, and that was... - Paul, 01-13-2020 12:55 (Views: 29)
- Also their first and second round picks for this year’s draft AND 2021. Damn (still light) [nt] - Paul, 01-13-2020 12:31 (Views: 43)
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Report a Bug!