I'm generally leery of articles that thoroughly "misdiagnose" fascism......
Robert_Wyatt (Gamers; 8816)
Posted on: 07-15-2020 14:47.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.116 Safari/537.36
Message views: 19 (Score: 0)
> paranoia, and personal insecurity
Can easily be used to describe antifa
> Protocols of the Elders of Zion spurred Fascism
> Adolf Hitler to call out the "conspiracy" as a reason to claim power, murder innocents and carry out genocide.
Really? We can't think of any cataclysmic material disaster that molded and radicalized entire generations of people to reshape their existence? We just gonna go "Hitler read a book and got mad and everyone did what he said?"
> Fascist movements are about insecure men being terrified of losing power and embracing shows of strength and cruelty in order to hide their own insecurities.
"Know how I know you're gay? Cause you lift all day and have a jacked up F150 bro!"
> Fascists aren't actually competent. They're incredibly incompetent and insecure. They demand worship from their followers and pit them against one another in contests of love and devotion.
"Incompetent" is definitely how I would describe the incredibly quick creation and construction of mechanized and efficient industries to liquidate entire masses of people. The Gestapo were, at best, a bunch of bumbling goons comparable to the Three Stooges.
> It creates stability
Germany from 1918 to 1944 was the shining example of stability.
> They believed shadowy cabals were trying to end slavery,
Ah, yes, Lincoln's "Deep State" that was secretly planning an end to slavery.
I don't really have an opinion on the rest.
- Need a thread for these Lincoln Project ads, two in the last 24h - Paul, 07-01-2020 08:47 (Views: 55; Replies: 45)
- Nature documentary... - JJJ, 07-31-2020 14:21 (Views: 7)
- "That's the way it is." - JJJ, 07-23-2020 13:37 (Views: 14)
- Trump builds his wall... - JJJ, 07-19-2020 11:33 (Views: 14)
- Find Something New.™ - JJJ, 07-17-2020 14:58 (Views: 18)
- RVAT with a good one targeting Christian voters... - JJJ, 07-15-2020 02:59 (Views: 21)
- Vote Vets, more fire. - Paul, 07-13-2020 08:35 (Views: 14)
- No fan of Reagan but at least he can string together words higher than 3rd grade level... - JJJ, 07-11-2020 21:24 (Views: 25)
- Pithy... - JJJ, 07-11-2020 20:13 (Views: 17)
- Do they do good in poking Trump? Yes, but we need to remember that these guys are very much Dick Cheney Republicans. [nt] - Robert_Wyatt, 07-11-2020 12:05 (Views: 16)
- Vote Vets in with a late surge - Paul, 07-10-2020 13:33 (Views: 25)
- Thanks for keeping them on track here i am watching. :) [nt] - darth maynard, 07-09-2020 10:41 (Views: 11)
- A new one. And one from Meidas Touch, who have also been great. - Paul, 07-08-2020 18:25 (Views: 26)
- An article on Politico explaining why these ads might actually work... - JJJ, 07-07-2020 23:28 (Views: 25)
- Going full on here. - Paul, 07-07-2020 14:58 (Views: 25)
- Brutal. - JJJ, 07-01-2020 23:15 (Views: 31)
- They're really cranking them out now. [nt] - JJJ, 07-01-2020 09:10 (Views: 15)
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Report a Bug!