The most xpensive amp I ever bought was a solid state........
P. Briscoe (Non running-dog anti-imperial anti-Bush unapologist name-changer; 24087)
Posted on: 10-14-2020 22:21.
Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.80 Safari/537.36
Message views: 11 (Score: 0)
not super fair comparison because it might be the only brand new guitar amp I ever bought
But in 2020 dollars I paid (aprox):
$550 for my 1965 Deluxe Reverb. Recapped a few years ago but the pots are scratchy as fuck lately. Probably gonna have to get them replaced. Probably do that one myself.
$200 for the '67 Super and then another $300 to get it to actually work. missing tubes, bad power supply, missing one of the original Celestion speakers. Took a beating when I traded it for a pretty pedestrian nylon string (new) Alvarez.
My little Harmony tube amp was free on the curb. It's currently not working (again) but $25 fixes that.
The 1952 Valco White Penguin was part of a package deal with the lap steel. Today's dollars the whole thing would be around 6 bills. But that's for a guitar and an amp.
But the brand-new Randall SS combo amp I bought senior year of high school, in today's dollars, would be about $1,700.
don't let high Reverb.com prices fool ya. You can get a good old point-to-point wired amp (about 1/3 as much to repair as an integrated circuit model) for about the same as you paid for your new Jag.
Edited by P. Briscoe at 14.10.2020 22:26:35
- lol. iPhone 12 you have to buy the charger separately. [nt] - Robert_Wyatt, 10-13-2020 13:19 (Views: 21; Replies: 40)
- FWIW, I just dropped a grip for an electric guitar that is also missing req'd components. - Paul, 10-14-2020 12:43 (Views: 16)
- Total joke. - pudds, 10-14-2020 08:27 (Views: 12)
- Charger aside, it seems like a decent upgrade. - Bean, 10-13-2020 16:20 (Views: 11)
- disingenuous as fuck of them to say it's for the "environment" - P. Briscoe, 10-13-2020 14:55 (Views: 16)
- Oh, it's USB-C. A little dickish then. Those aren't nearly as common yet.[nt] - Paul, 10-13-2020 14:14 (Views: 5)
- I'm fine with this. - Bean, 10-13-2020 13:47 (Views: 14)
- I thought they'd been doing that. Welcome change, those things are junk.[nt] - Paul, 10-13-2020 13:25 (Views: 5)
You do not have the required security level to post to this thread.
Report a Bug!